Saturday 12 November 2011

Theme 2 Statement of intent.

Intentions/purpose of the photography to be undertaken
My intention on this shoot is to do some more studio work, this time in  an advertising style to run along side my other work for this cause.

Reasons for selection of the theme (including inspiration from the work of others)
The reason for selecting this theme is that the images I intend to take will again be studio shot, with a model and with the objects to be advertised. This means they will run along side my other theme of work that I have already done.
Inspiration for these will come from the some of the photographers I have used for my research, a couple of these would be Richard Warren and Julia Kennedy.

The photo equipment and medium that will be use and why
I will be using the College Studio for the shoot, my camera a Sony A300 with the standard 18-70mm lens. I think either a black or white background will be used, as this will help make the model and the product stand out.
The lighting will be either from the front, and or have the background lit up as well to add a extra effect to the images.

Techniques that will be used and how they help convey the visual message
I will use different ranges of Depth of field, to help make the model and the product stand out. I will also play with different positions for the lights, to give different effects on the background. I will also use different zoom lengths to allow me to position the model and product in a number of different ways.

How light quality will be applied and controlled to help convey the visual message.
I will apply the light in various different ways from different positions for different effects, depending on the subject being photographed at the time.
I may also light the background to again make the model and subject stand out.

Risk and health and safety considerations
There are a number of things to consider when shooting in a studio, it can often be dark so people need to be aware of equipment around them. This in itself has numerous issues, tripping over cables/stands, burns from heat coming off the lights etc.
Another thing to consider is the poses that the model will be holding and the length of time that they will be holding them for, as this can cause muscle fatigue/strain.

No comments:

Post a Comment