Saturday 19 November 2011

Theme 2 Studio shoot planning.

So for my theme 2 shoot I am going to be doing Advertising/Fashion.

I will be using at least 1 model and various different outfits and Bags/Jewellery.

I will again be using my Sony A300 with the standard 18-70mm Lens, The lighting on my last shoot ended up being 1 light, with a beauty dish and a honeycomb centre, pointed straight at the model and shooting from  underneath. This time though I think I may change the lighting depending on the shot I'm going for, I would of thought at least 2 lights will be used this time, maybe even a third to light the background, positioned behind the subject.

I will be using simple plain backgrounds, mainly white, but I may also try a black background, if time allows. So ideas for shots i will try to get are shown below.


I think I will start with Jeans and T-shirts, which could be merged into the same photos, but then also concentrating on them in their own forms.

For example, in the Jeans/T-Shirt shoots I could do a full body shot to show off the 2 items, or I could do a close up shot of just the Jeans cutting off the image just above the waist line. 


I will hopefully get time to use a variety of different poses, angles and crops.




So the above 3 images are good examples of shots I could do which concentrate more just on the T-Shirt.

The above shot is one I would like to try, maybe towards the end of the shoot if time allows, as this is looks a grey background, with just the 1 fairly harsh light pointing at the model. This could take some time to set up after having shot with several lights and white background/boxes/props etc.

I will then move onto incorporating jewellery and/or bags. 

When it comes to incorporating a bag or some form of jewellery, be it a Necklace, Ring, Bracelet, Watch or a combination of a few, the shots can then again be close ups on a hand holding a bag or a full body shot with the model holding the bag, showing the perspectives of the bag.




The above 3 images are all from Tiffany & Co. advertising campaigns, although the model is the main subject in all 3, the product is still in there as well and I will try and incorparate this into the shoot and try some similar shots.


This image is the only good one I could find for Vivienne Westwood advertising, again although it is a head/shoulders shot, the chunky necklace in this image stand out well, I could try this but the background would be more plane, but the option of Editing in a background would be there if I shoot it ona simple white background.


I like this pose, again it has the head and shoulders of the model in, but there is a good sense of focus on the jewellery around the wrists.



The above 3 images show different poses/positions for bags that could be replicated in my studio shoot. I think if I was to copy the bottom image though I would be tempted to include all of the models head.

No comments:

Post a Comment